External Hair Pin Cotters Catalog
- Used to hold parts and shafts in position when the fastening can be made around an external groove.
- For maximum security, the groove depth should be at least one half the diameter of the cotter stock.
- A wide range of specials are available for custom applications.
- Steel: SAE 1065 spring steel wire to ASTM#A227
- SAE 1086 spring steel wire to ASTM#A227
- Stainless Steel: 302 stainless steel wire to ASTM#A313
- Steel: Provided Plain Finish. Hair Pin Cotters can be provided with a mechanical zinc plating processed in house which eliminates hydrogen embrittlement. A wide range of additional coatings are available: zinc electroplating, phosphate coatings, black oxide, etc.
- Stainless Steel: provided plain finish.
Material Code:S = Spring Steel Wire
KS = Stainless Steel Wire