Bowed (Curved) Washer
- Bowed (Curved) washers have minimum load build up with maximum washer deflection.
- Light thrust loads compared to other styles of spring washers.
- Used to apply tension between two rotating or static surfaces, eliminate “play”, and prevent rattles.
- The spring rate is approximately linear between 10% and 80% of available deflection.
- Bowed (Curved) washers have the longest length of “beam” of all spring washers. This gives the most washer deflection with a minimum of pushing effort (load build up) of all spring washers.
- Spring Steel: SAE 1074 / ASTM#A684, hardened to Rockwell C45-50.
- Stainless Steel: 301 / 302 Stainless Steel to ASTM#A177.
* These are materials we stock in various thicknesses. It does not mean we have finished inventory of all washers in each of these materials.
** Non stock alternate materials that are commonly run are Phosphor Bronze to ASTM#B103, Copper Alloy to UNS#C51000, and 17-7 Stainless Steel.
*** Customer specific materials different than those listed above are commonly run.
- Steel: Provided Plain Finish. Bowed washers can be provided with a mechanical zinc plating processed in house which eliminates hydrogen embrittlement. A wide range of additional coatings are available: zinc electroplating, phosphate coatings, black oxide, etc.
- Stainless Steel: provided plain finish.
- Phosphor Bronze: provided plain finish.