Hubbard Plugs Pierced Catalog
- Made with holes centered through them.
- Used in applications where a hole needs to be constricted.
- Used over a shaft to seal a bearing housing.
- Can be used as liquid metering units.
- The catalog lists the range of hole sizes typically run, however almost any plug / hole combination can be produced, with holes down to the very fine (.020”) in some cases.
- Multiple holes can be produced for special requirements, such as insertion holes for clusters of tubing entering a dust proof assembly.
- Hubbard Plugs can be perforated with many small holes and set in a counter bored drain hole – in this application Hubbard Expansion Plugs act as a screen.
- Steel: SAE1008/1010 low carbon steel: ASTM#A109 or A569 depending on gage.
- Aluminum: 1100H14 to ASTM#B209.
- Brass: ASTM#B36.
- Stainless Steel: ASTM#A313
* These are materials we stock in various thicknesses. It does not mean we have finished inventory of all plugs in each of these materials.
** Customer specific materials different than those listed above are commonly run.
- Steel: provided plain finish with a light oil. Expansion plugs can be provided with a wide range of coatings: mechanical zinc (processed in house), electro-zinc, black oxide.
- Aluminum: provided plain finish. Aluminum plugs are washed in a light mineral spirit in order to remove any solvents or residue.
- Stainless Steel: Provided plain finish. Stainless Steel plugs are washed in a light mineral spirit in order to remove any solvents or residue. Stainless plugs can be passivated.
- Brass: provided plain finish. Brass plugs are washed in a light mineral spirit in order to remove any solvents or residue.
Entering an RFQ:Find the desired plug diameter from the list of part numbers below. Click on this part number and then enter the requested information from the choices provided – material type, material thickness, requested finish (for steel), and desired quantity. You will also have the opportunity to send us any special notes or requirements for our review.