Cupped Plugs and Cupped Plugs Pierced Catalog
- Inexpensive, efficient, permanent method of closing/sealing manufactured holes in castings and other processes.
- Press / interference fit into a through hole – no counter bore required.
- Higher pressure retention than a standard blanked edge Welch Plug.
- More expensive than a Hubbard (Welch Type) Expansion Plug.
- Steel: SAE1008/1010 low carbon steel: ASTM#A109
- Aluminum: 1100H14 to ASTM#B209.
- Brass: ASTM#B36.
- Stainless Steel: 302 / 304 ASTM#A313
- Steel: provided plain finish with a light oil. Expansion plugs can be provided with a wide range of coatings: mechanical zinc (processed in house), electro-zinc, black oxide.
- Aluminum: provided plain finish. Aluminum plugs are washed in a light mineral spirit in order to remove any solvents or residue.
- Stainless Steel: Provided plain finish. Stainless Steel plugs are washed in a light mineral spirit in order to remove any solvents or residue. Stainless plugs can be passivated.
- Brass: provided plain finish. Brass plugs are washed in a light mineral spirit in order to remove any solvents or residue.
Entering an RFQ:
Find the desired plug diameter from the list of part numbers below. Click on this part number and then enter the requested information from the choices provided – material type, material thickness, requested finish (for steel), and desired quantity. You will also have the opportunity to send us any special notes or requirements for our review.